Made 'em last night and in chia heaven this morning. Ned seems totally interested :)
This is such an easy and versatile recipe, add fruit, use other nuts and superfoods and make it your own!
Options are truly limitless on this one...
- Vary types of fruit,
- Add in orange or lemon zest
- Vanilla extract, almond extract, lemon extract, orange extract!
- You could use maple syrup to sweeten instead of honey,
- Almond milk instead of coconut
- Add some cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, cardamom!
You'll definitely be full till lunch!
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp almond butter or peanut butter
- 1 sliced banana
- In a large bowl stir together a can of coconut milk with 1/4 cup chia seeds, 1 tsp maca powder, 1 tsp vanilla extract and a tablespoon honey and sliced banana.
- Meanwhile press 1 tbsp of almond or peanut butter into the bottom of small mason jars then pour mixture in.
- Refrigerate overnight
- In the morning top with cinnamon, hemp seeds and sunflower seeds and enjoy!