So simple, kinda addictive.
At some point something will happen in each of our lives that we will bump up against. Deny. Wish was different. Ignore (or try so hard). It will gut you. Burst you open and break you down. It will challenge you. Test you. Mock you. Love you. Transform you. My teacher for the last 10 years has been something called Tracheal Stenosis. Yours will likely have a different name.
What I know about this body I'm in is that I am her care taker. We are a team. All that I'm eating, drinking, thinking... all my experiences past and present impact her. Over the past 10 years I've done tremendous healing work. I've danced with Western medicine and dabbled in pharmaceuticals. I've gained weight, lost weight (physical and emotional). I've immersed myself in yoga, meditation and green juice. And now I'm feeling the call to Bali to go deep into silence wrapped in the warmth of the Indonesian sun.
I believe that I can heal this sweet body of mine. I'm holding that intention with all the seriousness and tenderness that holding a baby bird requires. I share all of this to say that whatever you're negotiating in your life or in your body --- YOU CAN HEAL IT. One soup at a time. One loving thought at a time. One meditation at a time. One step at a time.
Keep listening to your sacred vessel and moving with what she needs. Only you know how to best take care of you. Let me say that again... only YOU know how to best take care of YOU! All you need for this journey is truly within you.
I love you and this soup! A LOT!
This recipe was modified from Oh My Veggies
THAI MUSHROOM SOUP
Download a printable shopping list here.
- 1 carton veggie broth
- 2 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and sliced (or minced)
- 1 can coconut milk (full fat)
- 4 cups filtered water
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3 tablespoons Bragg's Liquid Aminos
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (be sure to get 100% organic. I prefer Grade B)
- 1 cup cilantro, rough chopped
- 2 dozen mushrooms (the photo above is the exact amount and type of mushrooms I used. Go for 2 - 3 different types. Remove the stem and slice thinly)
- In soup pot add veggie broth, water and ginger slices and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, mushrooms, lime juice, braggs, jalapeno and 1/2 cup of cilantro.
- Simmer for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, garnish with remaining cilantro and serve hot.
Wondering why there is syrup in this recipe?
I'm using it to naturally sweeten up the broth. If you've not yet eliminated processed sugar from your home or your diet replacing with natural sweeteners is the way to begin. Our favorites are raw local honey, maple syrup and dates. I vary what I use depending on the need.
Why grade B? Simple. I prefer the taste. Go with whatever taste you prefer. The grading scale for syrup is confusing and pretty misleading. They grade on color NOT nutrients. So it doesn't matter if you go for A or B you're still golden. This article goes deeper.