Meet your new favorite sweet treat, the coconut haystack!
I was first introduced to haystacks when I was working at Breathe. My friend Josiah reassured me that they're super easy to make and so I gave them a try and they've been a favorite ever since. Usually I hand roll them into balls but the guys had an extra ice cube tray so I tried pressing them into the tray this time and I LOVE IT! Makes me want to go to Ikea (when I get back on the mainland) and buy some of their shapes trays!
*you can eye ball this recipe. The measurements do not have to be exact and you could add in all sorts of other things... dried blueberries or cranberries, other kinds of nuts or seeds, get creative!
- 2 cups Organic Coconut Flakes
- 1/3 cup Cacao Nibs
- 1/4 cup Cacao Powder
- 1/4 cup Pistachios finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
- Optional: Ice Cube Tray
- Mix all dry ingredients together and then add coconut oil and work the mixture together
- Take off your rings and get ready to get your hands dirty!
- Once everything is well combined roll into balls or press into an ice cube tray and freeze
- Give them at least two hours in the freezer
- I leave mine in the freezer until just before serving
- They only need a few minutes to thaw
This treat is raw and so satisfying! Enjoy and happy Friday!