Earlier this week my little sis did a blog post listing 7 bad habits she's changed because of the advice I've given her.
As usual her writing leaves me in awe. She has a way of writing that just draws me in. I hope you find something in one of her tips that you can try this weekend!
1. 1. Supposedly “healthy” cereals (ahem, SPECIAL K!) have as much sugar as your childhood favorites. Check out the box labels for yourself and go granola.
2. 2. “Superfoods” really do exist! (Google it.) Quinoa is my new best friend and should be yours too!
3. 3. Organic does not have be a dirty word that refers to your hated freshmen college chemistry class. Pesticides are a reality in this day and age, and you can reduce your risk of cancer and other health concerns by replacing the “dirty dozen” with organic options.
4. 4. Full-fat foods are your friend. Greek yogurt, wholesome cheeses and other full-fat options help curb cravings and fill you up faster.
5. Crowding in good stuff really does crowd out the bad! Eating greens before a meal has actually helped me eat less of the other stuff and more of the leafy green, nutritious goodness. Try it!
6. Bare with me here…if my Texas-born and bred husband can grasp it, so can you! Meat is NOT a requirement to make a “meal” a “meal”. God gave us plenty of protein-rich foods that still feed your muscles and keep you free of dangerous hormones. Yay for spinach, quinoa, black beans and other protein- and fiber-rich foods.
7. 7. If your body doesn’t like it, it will tell you. Listen to your body and observe how you feel after high-fat, high-sugar meals versus nutritious, live-giving meals. I’ll be willing to bet you feel like conquering the world after quinoa, black beans and a life-giving salad versus the malaise and sluggishness you feel after a hamburger, french fries and a soda.
Listen to your body! It is on your team. It is THE team!
Kayla's full post is here.
Here's to a healthy, wonderful you!
Have a great weekend,