Words move, encourage, challenge and inspire me. I have a journal dedicated to quotes. I've collected words that have left a mark on me in one way or another in this journal since 2005. Here are some of my favorites.
1. We must not be afraid of dreaming the seemingly impossible if we want the seemingly impossible to become a reality.
2. After all that-- she was surprised to find that she still knew the words to the song in her heart... and she began to sing along.
3. To conquer without risk is to triumph without glory.
I don't know who said this one but it's my friend Ezra's fave quote and I love it too.
4. Let the beauty we love be what we do.
One of my all time favorites. Can't go wrong with Rumi.
5. One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time.
6. Imagination is more important than knowledge.
7. If you think education is expensive try ignorance.
8. As an artist, it is central to be unsatisfied! this isn't greed, thought it might be appetite.
9. I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck.
10. Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.