Having one of those mornings where I'm adoring how beautiful food can be.
Radishes were an acquired taste for me. At first I thought they just tasted like crunchy dirt. Once I learned how nutritionally beneficial they are (read: amazing for weight loss, powerful little fat suckers) I learned to fold them into meals (mostly salads), slicing them extra thin. Are you buying and eating radishes yet?
- help to relieve congestion (excellent for asthma sufferers)
- a cousin to cabbage!
- remove bilirubin from the liver (prevent jaundice)
- phytochemicals (that detox the body)
- high in vitamin C (protects cells from free radicals)
- regulate blood pressure
- soothe rashes and skin disorders
- contain a compound called sulforaphane (cancer fighter!)
- help eliminate kidney stones (a natural diuretic)
YOU CAN COOK THE GREENS AND THE ROOTS!
Just give them a good scrubbing. Wash and remove the greens from the top before putting in the fridge.