I'm a lefty! I can remember my kindergarten teacher trying very hard to make me "right" handed. Of course I rebelled into becoming exactly what I was meant to be (a theme in my life)!
1. Any group that includes Charlemagne, Rock Hudson, Paul McCartney, Leonardo da Vinci, Benjamin Franklin, Jack the Ripper and the Boston Strangler must be select, if not elite. --James De Kay
2. Lefties tend to have a better memory for music then right-handers.
Which would explain why I listen to the words in songs and Cliff hears the music before the lyrics.
3. Intuits believe that all left-handed people are potential sorcerers.
I'm thinking seriously about brewing up a glass of red wine some time soon. 4 o'clock on a Friday, I call that well deserved magic not sorcery.
4. One of the few things that favors lefties are tollbooths.
umm I happen to think it just favors that we drive on the left side of the road here but whatever.
5. The Incas believes that left-handedness was a sign of luck.
I'll take luck, never hurts. Thanks Incas!
6. The word "sinister" is almost verbatim the Latin word for left-handed.
Eh, poe-tay-to, poe-tat-oo, toe-may-toe, toe-mat-toe.
7. If both parents are right-handed, a mere 2 percent of their children will be left-handed. If both parents are left-handed, there is a 50 percent change that their children will be.
Both my parents are right handed and I'm the only lefty kiddo of the bunch.
8. There was even a time in Japan when mere left-handedness in a wife was sufficient ground for expelling her.
ha! Had I lived in Japan in that time left-handedness would have been the least of the reasons for expelling me!
9. We wear our wedding bands on the third finger of the left hand because of a custom that dates back to the early Egyptian belief that the vein of love ran directly from the heart to the third finger on the left hand.
I like those Egyptians, they are romantic and hairless. Such a great combo.
10. And this has nothing to do with handedness but I heard it the other day and it was an AH HA moment! If a tear falls from the left eye first it means pain, from the right eye is happiness. Now if only I could remember that right before the tears fall next time to confirm or deny.