I got this from a good friend. It is yummy and I thought
would be a lovely little treat for today!
I say sub whole milk for the water and you'll be in bliss!
Happy New Year!
The Best Hot Chocolate Ever
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
36 oz water (preferably not stored in plastic)
2-3 vanilla beans
3 tbsp raw cacao powder
Pinch celtic sea salt
Agave nectar (variations: honey, yacon)
1/4 cup Brazil nuts (for extra heartiness)
1) Prepare the base for your hot chocolate by making a simple tea.
2) Slice the vanilla beans lengthwise to expose the seeds. Put the sliced beans into a pot with water and leave on medium low heat until the water darkens, about 15 minutes.
3) Pour the water with the vanilla beans into a blender. Add all other ingredients and blend on high for 1-2 minutes. Add just a little cayenne pepper to begin. (Add more if you want a spicier taste.)
4) Strain with a fine sieve.
5) Decorate with a dash of cinnamon and serve warm.