We came home from vacation in California with more than memories! We filled our carry on bag with avocado from our friends enormous tree in their backyard and we've been eating on them ever since. You know how they say an apple a day keeps the doctor away? I feel the same way about avocado! This week I'm talking all things avocado! Health benefits, recipes, tips on how to get more avocado into your diet + more!
It was incredible to pick them right off the tree! Made us dream about all the fruit + nut trees we want in our yard one day!
5 5easons to LOVE Avocado
Besides the amazing taste, color and texture!
1. They are an excellent source of healthy fats. Monounsaturated fats, aka the good fats are easily used as energy in the body.
2. Avocados are high in potassium, fiber, folic acid, vitamin E and B-vitamins.
3. If you're shopping on a budget (most of us are) you can save your bucks on the high priced organic avo's and go conventional. The thick skin protects the green goodness inside from absorbing pesticides. They are one of the safest fruits to purchase conventionally-grown!
4. Avocados are excellent for weight management and have been shown to enhance your body's ability to absorb nutrients which in turn helps to protect your body from free radicals in the environment!
5. Anti-inflammatory properties + carotenoids have been shown to help keep the heart + liver healthy and protect from cancers. Make sure you really scrape all the dark green fruit out closest to the peel. It's where the potent cancer obliterating magic is hiding!
See you tomorrow for a recipe that will change your life! Lacy