Cancer might as well be a 4 letter word. It's diabolical. It's awful. It has devastated people I love and continues to be a mighty problem in our world. The following is information that I teach in my 6 month health coaching program. Some of this info was taken from John's Hopkins, some from the Institute of Integrative Nutrition (my awesome school) and most is common knowledge now a days. Of course I've added my lacylike 2 cents on the matter. I invite you to choose 1 or many things from the list to stop/ start or try!
Here's to a healthy, happy YOU!
What a person's immune system is strong cancer cells will be destroyed and prevented from multiplying and forming tumors.
When a person has cancer it indicates the person has nutritional deficiencies. These could be due to genetic, environmental, food and lifestyle factors (duh).
1. AVOID- Sugar Substitutes. You know those things in colorful little paper packets.
Use honey to sweeten (local if you can get your hands on some)! Also one of my faves is Agave.
2. Table salt has a chemical added to make it white in color.
Go with Himalayan salt, it's pretty and pink! Or Bragg's liquid aminos! It's one of our household faves!
3. MILK causes the body to produce mucus, cancer feeds on mucus. Time to rethink drinking gallons of milk each week. Moderation is a very good word and practice to get to know.
4. Cancer cells thrive in an acid environment. A meat-based diet is acidic. I'm not saying you have to go veggie (though it's pretty amazing, can you hear King Julian? ; ) but definitely cut down on your red meats. Moderation again. If you are going to eat meat absolutely avoid meat with growth hormones and antibiotics! Meat protein can be difficult to digest and and requires a lot of digestive enzymes. Undigested meat left in the intestines can lead to toxic build up. Movement (yoga!) will help the digestive process. p.s. don't you love that this post came right after the Bacon- the candy of meats post. The balance of life is cool.
5. Skip the coffee and go for green tea. It has cancer fighting properties, you still get a little boost from the caffeine and it's tasty.
6. A happy mind, body and spirit is a great way to battle disease. Create a life that makes you happy one little decision and action at a time. Eliminate one stressful thing from your life today. I'm planning to clean my closet this weekend. I have this gift for piling up clothes and this morning I realized loud and clear it was making me a total grump. Happy closet = happy Lacy!
7. Cancer cells cannot thrive in an oxygenated environment. BREATHE deeply. Meditate. Move your body!
8. This one is my favorite... it means getting organized in the kitchen and going through cabinets and getting organized makes me very happy.
NO PLASTIC containers or plastic wrap in the microwave (if you must use the microwave keep plastic out of it). Use tempered glass instead (Pyrex is my fave). If you are eating a microwave dinner remove it from it's packaging. I know what the box says about piercing the plastic, blah blah blah- remove it!
NO water bottles in the freezer. In fact if you can stand it throw out ALL your plastic water bottles. Switch to a stainless bottle. Klean Kanteen is my fave.
Which one will you choose to put into practice in your life? Just typing this all out was a brilliant reminder for me and I think I'm finally ready to let go of my last plastic water bottle. Sniffle sniffle I've been holding onto it for nostalgia. Time to move along!
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
Much love! So much love!